Welcome back !
Your 2018-2019 Earl Haig Teacher-Librarians, , Mr. Kopyto, Ms. Lo Re, Ms. Mandarano (in for Ms. Figliano-Craig), Ms. Philips, and Ms. Prosper (in for Mr. Go) and are excited to welcome you to another new school year!
Start the year off right – challenge yourself with a new read. Come visit the library, chat with a Teacher-Librarian and checkout what we have to offer!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 2018-2019:
Do you like working with books? Are you hard-working and responsible? Interested in being part of a dedicated team of students who help make Haig a better place?
If so, the Earl Haig Library Learning Commons is looking for you! Stay tuned to this blog for details on how and when to apply.
- gain volunteer hours while working to help your school become a better learning environment!
- learn how the library works and gain research experience
- work with presentation tools (powerpoint, web-based) to help us market our services
- particpate in a leadership opportunity and gain leadership skills
- work with Teacher-Librarians in making the library a fun, dynamic place to learn
Click here for applications. Applications are due on Fri., Sept. 21st. MANDATORY training: Tues., Sept. 25th & Wed., Sept. 26th
Please speak to a Teacher-Librarian if you have any further questions.
*IMPORTANT* PASSWORD RESET REMINDER:
Before using the wifi, logon to a school computer using your old password, to reset. IF you are having trouble, ask any teacher to reset your password and the shared secret password as outlined in your school agenda: last four digits of student number + 2 digits for DAY of birth + 2 digits for MONTH of birth + @Tdsb
Please speak with a teacher-librarian if further assistance is required.
To browse our library collection online, see video below:
Looking for some “good reads”? Check out our read more section (see top menu) for tips on how to choose the right book.