Your goal is to investigate a contemporary global issue and write a magazine-style article, with images, that presents four clear arguments based on the 4 geographic perspectives to support a clear bias that has factual support.
Each student will gather information to justify the position that will be taken in the article. The expectation is that six to eight sources will be used to acquire information.
Students will use the following resources to assist them:
- Summative Essay Handout & Rubric
- Digital Note Taker to record their notes, viewpoint (thesis), and arguments, based on the research that has been collected.
|Earl Haig Subscription Databases||Recommended Websites|
|Opposing Viewpoints||United Nations|
|Global Issues in Context||Current Global Issues|
|Social Science Full Text||New Internationalist|
|Humanities Full Text||Global Affairs Canada|
- Gather accurate, quality images for your article using Britannica’s Image Quest.
- Use a Microsoft Template to create a well organized magazine report. You will need to create captions for all your images and cite your information correctly.
You will site in APA format. The following links below can assist with your Reference page AND embedded citations:
- Research Success Guide (see student agenda for password; refer to pages 51 and 61-63)
- You will site in APA format watch this video.
- APA Reference List formatting tips (OWL Purdue)
- OWL Purdue
- APA Basics video
- To cite a digital image in APA watch this short video and/or use Citation Machine .