In this assignment you will analyze the relationship between 2 variables. You will perform a series of statistical calculations to test the relationship and draw conclusions.
MDM4U – Get a copy of the Data Management Culminating Assignment
- World Bank
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- 2006 Census of Population of Canada
- CultureGrams Online Database
- TPL – Recommended Statistics Pages
Question to consider when evaluating sources can be found here.
Watch Hans Rosling bring stats to life. He demonstrates the correlation between life expectancy and income:
Examine this New York Times article on the accuracy of polling data
Want to see more?
- The Joy of Stats – Prof. Hans Rosling
- Q & A with Prof. Hans Rosling
- Rosling playing with stats in real time – Int’l Lifespan vs. Income
- Hans Rosling discussing Birth Rate vs. Child Mortality: “The River of Myths”
- Statistics Canada: gateway to Canadian Statistics. Looking for help with Statistics Canada? Read the help file found here http://www.statcan.gc.ca/help-aide/site-eng.htm
- FedStats: gateway to US Statistics; get the most out of the Census.gov website
- US Census Bureau: US equivalent to Stats Can
- CIHI: Canadian Institute for Health Information
Reflecting on your Research